So easy! The most difficult part is cutting up the pumpkin!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Olive oil
- 6 cups chopped pumpkin (about 1/2 a large pumpkin)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 chicken thighs OR 1 can chickpeas (drained/rinsed)
- 4 cups good veggie stock
- 1/2 can coconut milk (optional)
- Stir fry onion and ginger in olive oil in a large saucepan until translucent
- Add curry powder and pumpkin, stir for a couple of minutes over low/medium heat
- Add chicken thighs / chickpeas and stock
- Simmer for 40-50 mins until pumpkin and chicken are falling apart
- Stir in coconut milk if using
- Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Watch out for nasties in your curry powder – I stood in the supermarket aisle for a while checking the ingredients of all the curry powders and only found one which didn’t have sugar/preservatives etc (Clive of India Authentic Curry Powder).
- Use organic chicken if you can, or source a hormone/chemical free, free range bird.
- The quality of your veggie stock is important for how well flavoured the curry will be. I use a homemade stock concentrate (a thermomix recipe which I will have to post about another time).