Website Terms & Conditions: Introduction
Hi there and welcome! Thank you for taking the time to look at my Website Terms and Conditions. This website, www.balancedwhole.com.au, is owned and operated by Karla Rawles trading as Balanced Whole (ABN 84356605154). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
17 Codrington St, Newstead, Victoria, 3462
0404 516 008
This document sets out the Terms and Conditions you need to be aware of when using this website. Please take a moment to read them, as they set out your important rights and obligations and I care about making sure we both know where we stand. When you visit this website, use my services or purchase my products, you agree that you are over the age of 18 and willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t accept this agreement, you should not continue to visit this website or purchase from me. If you are under 18, you agree that you are here with your parent or guardian’s full knowledge and permission, and that they are responsible for any purchases made on your behalf.
All products and services advertised on this website are offered in compliance with Australian Consumer Law.
On this website you will find blog posts, articles about health and wellbeing, healthy hints, tips and recipes. This information is provided solely for information purposes only, as part of my mission for naturopathic knowledge to be available and accessible to everyone.
MY RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- I take lots of care to provide valuable, accurate information, but I cannot be held responsible for the use you make of that information.
- Please be aware that the generalised health information I provide is not a substitute for specialist advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
- There is no professional relationship formed between us unless you explicitly choose to work with me by purchasing my services.
- Any testimonials and promised results I may display on this website are based on my experience and those of my previous clients. They are not guarantees that anyone else will achieve the same results. This is because, while naturopathic care is based on scientific evidence, there are variables between clients and everyone responds to treatments differently.
- I do not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.
- I may modify this information provided on this website at any time, including altering or deleting it without notice.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, I take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond my control.
- While I’ve put a lot of time and energy into creating website content which is broadly applicable for many people, you need to use your common sense and take responsibility for your own health, safety and wellbeing.
- Always talk to your health care professional before significantly changing your diet, especially if you have known allergies, food intolerances, or specific medical conditions.
- All content on this website is created and published for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice, especially if you have a diagnosed medical condition.
- Always seek the guidance of your naturopath or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health.
- You are welcome to book in with me for a consultation if you would like more personalised advice about your specific circumstances.
The downloads provided on my website are created with the intention of increasing the accessibility of naturopathic knowledge in order to empower individuals to make healthier choices. I do not take responsibility for viruses or any other damage which might occur as a result of downloading material from my website.
Any external links provided on this website are intended to redirect you to my booking system, to sign up for my newsletter, or to redirect you to other health-related websites. These links are provided to you for convenience and you visit these external websites at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for the content of any of these external websites.
The content of this website is protected by copyright. No portion of this website may be copied, replicated or sold in any form without my written consent. I am happy for you to share my content via social media sites, but you must provide a link back to my website and clearly credit me by name in the post.
I own the unregistered trademark Balanced Whole. You may not use this name or my logo for any purpose without my express permission.
This disclaimer relates to my naturopathic consultations. More in depth information can be found in my Client Service Agreement
I hold a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) from Southern School of Natural Therapies. This is a rigorous, four year science degree which teaches a comprehensive understanding of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathophysiology, pharmacology, herbal and nutritional medicine. I am a full member of Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) and Naturopaths & Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA). These memberships require me to complete at least 20 hours of professional development each year to ensure I am updating my skills and remain abreast of the latest scientific research.
As a naturopath, I am dedicated to enhancing your whole health and wellbeing. However, there are times when the services you need for healing are outside of my scope of practice. In these cases I will refer you to a suitable practitioner, such as a GP, counsellor, psychologist, massage therapist, physiotherapist or osteopath.
My naturopathic services are for people who are interested in improving their health and are motivated to make changes to their lifestyle and diet. I work with clients to make small, incremental and sustainable changes to their diet and lifestyle, and we can move as slowly as the client likes. But if you are not ready for change, or have significant emotional challenges which are affecting your ability to enact change, I am happy to help you identify and accept this is where you are at and recommend another practitioner who can help you work through this.
I will always strive to provide you with the best naturopathic care possible. However, if you do not provide me with accurate information about your health, I may not be able to offer you the most appropriate treatment for your condition and therefore you may not see the results you desire. You must provide me with full and accurate information about your diagnosed medical conditions, medications or supplements, known allergies and intolerances, so I can ensure safety of treatment and check for pharmacological interactions with any herbs or nutrients I prescribe.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
Payment can be made at the time of booking or at the end of your consultation. If you make an booking through my website you will be prompted to pay in advance. I accept payment via cash or credit card for payments due during the consultation. In some cases I may accept payment via direct bank deposit.
At this stage I do not offer payment plans. Please contact me if finances are your main barrier to booking an appointment and I will try to work with you to find a solution.
CURRENCY & GST
All amounts quoted and charged are in Australian dollars. I am registered for GST and therefore GST is charged on dispensary items I prescribe. My consultations are GST-free.
Shipping and delivery
If I prescribe nutritional supplements or herbs during a consultation, I may recommend ordering them through a third party website. These companies send the products directly to your home address and may charge a fee for postage, which will be advised at the time of ordering. If I prescribe products from my Newstead clinic dispensary during an online consultation, I can arrange postage to you at extra cost via Australia Post.
Consultations take place at my Newstead clinic, at your home, or online via Zoom.
CHANGE OF MIND
Payment is required via credit card or cash either at the point of booking, or at the end of each consultation (see Payment Terms above). At your request, I can issue you a Tax Invoice/Receipt via email after the consultation. There is no refund for change of mind, but if you are unhappy with the consultation or it has not met your expectations, then please contact me to discuss.
Should a minor problem occur, I will endeavour to find a solution and resolve this issue as soon as practical.
Minor problems include:
Problems with dispensed items (herbs/supplements):
- incorrect product sent by third party supplement company
- issue with the product sent by third party company
- damage occurred to product during transit
- issues with opening/downloading a PDF information sheet or treatment plan
- issues with email communication
Problems with consultations:
- sickness on the day of a consultation
- late cancellation of appointment
- internet issues or power outage during a Zoom consultation
- road traffic event
It is your responsibility to notify me of any allergies, intolerances or reactions you have experienced previously prior to the initial consultation. If you experience an unexpected allergic reaction to a product I have prescribed, you must notify me straight away. If you are experiencing life threatening symptoms (e.g. anaphylaxis) you must call 000 immediately.
Achieving expected results
When writing your treatment plan, I will outline an expected timeframe in which you are likely to achieve your treatment goals, however this outcome depends on many factors including your compliance with recommended treatment. It is also important to understand that everyone is unique and will respond to treatment different, due to variances in genetics, environment, diet and lifestyle. Therefore it is not possible to make any treatment or timeline guarantees with regards to your clinical outcomes.
SPECIFIC TERMS OF SALE
Any products prescribed are for you and you alone. You must not give any of your prescribed products to family members or friends. I encourage all individuals to seek advice from a qualified health professional prior to any self-prescription to ensure safety and efficacy.
Jurisdiction & Dispute Resolution
Balanced Whole is located in Victoria. This agreement is subject to the governing law of Victoria.
If you have any issue or complaints arising out of your use of this website or these terms and conditions, you and Balanced Whole agree to make a genuine effort to resolve the dispute through negotiation and discussion.
If we are unable to resolve a dispute by negotiation and discussion within 14 days, the parties must proceed to mediation with the assistance of an accredited mediator who is independent of the parties. The mediator is to be appointed by agreement of the parties or, failing agreement within twenty-one (21) days of the first notification of the dispute, by a person appointed by the Chair of Resolution Institute, (ACN 008 651 232, Level 2, 13-15 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000; telephone: 02 9251 3366, email: email@example.com) or the Chair’s designated representative. The Resolution Institute Mediation Rules shall apply to the mediation. We agree to share the costs of mediation equally between us.
It is a condition precedent to the right of either party to commence litigation other than for interlocutory relief that it has first offered to submit the dispute to mediation. Litigation is to be considered a last resort and may not be commenced until, in the opinion of the independent mediator, the potential for negotiation and mediation have been exhausted.