Adding protein to plant-based foods is as easy as a sprinkle of nuts and seeds. Eating sufficient protein helps you feel fuller long, balance blood sugar levels and contributes to a happy mood and good sleep.
Here I cooked a veggie stir fry which formed the base of a few meals over a couple of days – I’m all for efficiency in the kitchen and less washing up!
This kind of meal is super flexible in terms of ingredients, but I used:
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- olive oil
- tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup cooked leftover brown rice (optional)
- Add big drizzle of olive oil to a large stir-fry suitable pan and gently heat while stirring in the turmeric powder
- Add onion, then garlic and other veg gradually. Adding the kale last (it’s quickest to cook)
- Stir fry gently adding a few splashes of tamari or whatever other seasoning you fancy
- When veggies are cooked add in the brown rice, sesame seeds and almonds and stir well
Serve as is or topped with a fillet of good quality fish. Poached eggs would also be amazing! Yum!